Hong Kong is one of the most immigrants that is coveted as it is now rising as a financial, social, and cultural hub for the Asia-Pacific area. Immigration to Hong Kong cannot improve your quality of life, but also can include a value that is tremendous on your resume and enhance your career leads.
These are the following pathways for Hong Kong immigration.
- Quality Migrant Admission Scheme (QMAS)
- General Employment Policy
- Quality Migrant Admission Scheme (QMAS)
The Quality Migrant Admission Scheme (QMAS) is a quota-based immigration scheme to get entry to Hong Kong. It is intended for skilled individuals and business owners who wish to opt for Hong Kong immigration to be able to pursue careers that are professional start-up businesses respectively. To be qualified to secure entry to the city that is port the QMAS, applicants filing for Hong Kong work visa must satisfy several prerequisites, alongside clearing a points-based test and as well as competing for quota allocation. Successful applicants are provided Hong Kong work visa for just one and are allowed to bring their family provided they can sustain all of them with their earnings year. The eligibility requirements for the scheme is as follows
Key Requirements and Eligibility:
- Applicants interested in immigration to Hong Kong must be minimal 18 years of age at the right time of applying.
- Applicants who are keen on Hong Kong immigration must be capable of supporting themselves financially in getting accommodation, as well as providing support to their dependents.
- Applicants applying for a Hong Kong work visa must perhaps not possess any record that is criminal previous negative immigration record in Hong Kong. The applicant will be able to provide a Police clearance certificate for all national countries where he/she has stayed to get more than 12 months in the last ten years.
- candidates that are intent on Hong Kong immigration must prove their proficiency in written as well as spoken English or Chinese. Applicants with a score of an average of 6.0 in IELTS are eligible to use under QMAS.
- Ideally, a job candidate for Hong Kong work visa should have a degree that is undergraduate earned from an established university/institution in first class. If a job candidate, who’s considering migrating to Hong Kong will not possess a degree, his/her technical qualifications, professional experience, and achievements are taken into account. Applicants for Hong Kong work visas with higher postgraduate degrees stand a chance that is exceptional of an application accepted.
Stages for Hong Kong Immigration under QMAS
The next are the stages that one would need to go through to apply for immigration to Hong Kong under QMAS
Stage 1: Meeting eligibility criteria and prerequisites
All the candidates who are using the QMAS need to meet a couple of prerequisites and satisfy the minimum also eligibility requirements for this visa. The applicants would be awarded points based on either of the two tests that are points-based will be held once they are considered entitled to equivalent.
Stage 2: Points-based test
Candidates who possess met all the prerequisites can prefer to be assessed either under the General Points Achievement-based Points Test. There are six distinct factors beneath the General Points Test and simply one factor for scoring points under the Points that are achievement-based Tests. The management sets a passing that is minimum for the general points test, while those applying through the achievement points test will require to self-assess the adequacy of their credentials before using,
Stage 3: Quota allocation through Selection exercise
The government of Hong Kong will conduct Selection exercises for a basis that is ongoing the allocation of quota to the applicants. Those applicants who satisfy both the prerequisites and the minimum passing mark as stipulated for the General Points Test or usually the one point-scoring factor for the Achievement-based Test shall be ranked according to their scores during each workout. The greatest scoring applications are going to be short-listed for further consideration. The Director of Immigration along with the Advisory Committee on Admission of Quality Migrants and Professionals will decide on a route that is best to allocate the quota. Outcomes of the choice workout will be published on the official site associated with Immigration Department and you also updated with regards to the status of the application if you choose to use it worldwide.
Stage 4: Approval-in-principle
Candidates that are successfully allotted a quota in the selection exercise are issued a letter that is approval-in-principle. These candidates will need to visit Hong Kong and attend an in-person meeting and furnish the originals of all of the papers submitted by them in support of this application. The applicants will require to enter Hong Kong on a visitor visa for this purpose. It must be noted that obtaining a letter that is approval-in-principle maybe not in any way constitute approval of immigration underneath the scheme.
Stage 5: Issue of visa under QMAS
This is the phase that is the final application under QMAS as soon as you are past this phase you could have successfully immigrated to Hong Kong. As soon as all your original articles are confirmed you will be issued by having a visa/entry permit under the QMAS that will allow you to stay in Hong Kong permanently.
Dependents of visa owner
The immediate dependents of the visa holder are allowed to enter the nation combined with the primary applicant, provided that he/she has the funds to support their family it is demonstrated with adequate evidence.
B). General Employment Policy
This visa is meant for candidates who aspire to enter/stay in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) beneath the General Employment Policy scheme
- The applicant should have a free crime record
- The applicant should have the education that is good with a high-grade degree in the appropriate field of study, In special cases, technical qualifications and relevant experience will additionally be considered
- The applicant needs to have employment that is confirmed for a position that is relevant to his qualifications and experience therefore the vacancy for the career is genuine and is not filled by the regional workforce.
- The remuneration being offered should be in line with the marketplace that is prevailing for employees working in a similar and comparable job within the HKSAR.
Criteria for dependents
Once provided the visa, the instant dependents of the applicant that main accompany the applicant, provided they satisfy the following criteria
- There ought to be reasonable proof of a relationship that is genuine the primary applicant as well as the reliant. Proof could be established through the papers that are relevant as Marriage certification, Birth certification, etc.
- There is no justification to think that the move is harmful to your dependent
- the applicant that is primary help the dependent at a standard that is fairly above the amount of subsistence level and additionally arranges for accommodation for him/her
Q). how much time that is much it take for processing Hong Kong Visa?
A). The visa for Hong Kong immigration often takes six to eight months for processing. However, the processing time may differ depending on the kind of visa you might be applying for along with your specific situation. You should talk to our immigration experts to understand the exact information on processing time for your case.
Q). Dependents can take up employment in Hong Kong?
A). Yes, dependents of permanent residents, as well as professionals who have entered Hong Kong beneath the work scheme or Quality Migrant Assessment scheme, are allowed to function in Hong Kong